What is changing?
- Users will now be required to change their CSIeSafe password every 90 days.
- To increase account security, users will be automatically logged out of CSIeSafe after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Once a user is locked out of CSIeSafe after five unsuccessful login attempts, the account will be frozen for 30 minutes. After the 30-minute freeze, users can resume attempts to log in or use the Forgot Password feature on the CSIeSafe website.
- When changing a CSIeSafe password, users will not be permitted to reuse any of their previous four passwords.
When are these changes going into effect?
Updates are being released to CSIeSafe on August 7, 2020. All CSIeSafe users can expect to be prompted to change their password within the next 90 days. All other changes are effective immediately upon release.
I don’t remember my old password; how can I change it?
The Forgot Password feature on the CSIeSafe homepage will continue to work after the expiration of your password. If you are unsure of your current password, we recommend that you always use the Forgot Password feature first to get logged in.
Welcome to CenterBank Secure Messaging!
CenterBank understands the business need to securely send and receive confidential customer and account information via email. CenterBank has developed this Secure Messaging site to enable the secure exchange of confidential information between the bank and our customers. Secure Messaging is a service that uses encryption to secure and protect sensitive email messages. For MS-Outlook Client users, the Secure Messaging Portal simplifies the secure email process with the installation of the Outlook Plug-in. To install, click on the link in the above right corner.
Effective September 1st, 2016 the following types of emails will be sent via Secure Messaging:
- For emails sent from bank employees to customers containing confidential information, the Subject line of the email will read “New Secure Message Received from” and the email address of the bank employee sending the email.
- For emails that contain Account Statements or Notices, the Subject line will read “CenterBank Account Information Attached”
Existing Users: There is no change to your current username and password in the new CenterBank Secure Messaging site.
New Users: For new users click on the New User tab and follow the prompts to create your account. In the interest of maintaining privacy over your financial information, we strongly recommend that you select a password that is different from other authentication credentials you currently use. Passwords must be at least eight (8) characters, must contain numbers (0-9) and letters (A-Z, a-z), but no spaces or special characters.
Sending Emails: Upon successful creation of your account, you will be able to securely send a confidential email with attachments to any of our employees at their CenterBank4me email address. If you are unsure of where or to whom to direct your email, choose one of the addresses below and your information will be forwarded to the appropriate department or individual: